Dream a little dream

>> Saturday, May 22, 2010


Do you often wonder what your dreams mean? Have you ever woken up from a dream and thought to yourself, "What the heck was THAT about?" Yeah, me too.

I had one of my weird linear, story like dream last night. The thing is, the plot remains consistent throughout the dream but the people involved and sometimes even the scenery keeps changing, yet it all makes perfect sense. Almost always, it would involve someone from my past. These dreams usually leave me with an uneasy feeling, as if there is just something there that I cannot put my finger on.

I found this site that interprets dreams and found it eerily accurate. No, this is not some new age BS thingy. It's based on psychological theories by people like Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung etc.

Last night I had a dream I was running and hiding from people who care about me, friends and colleagues. Let's see what my dreams mean eh?

Hiding
To dream that you are hiding, suggests that you are keeping some secret or withholding some information. You may not be facing up to a situation or not want to deal with some issue. However, you may be getting ready to reveal something and confess before somebody finds out. In particular, to dream that you are hiding from some authority figure (police, parent, teacher...), implies feelings of guilt.

Running
To dream that you are running away from someone, indicates an issue that you are trying to avoid. You are not taking or accepting responsibility for your actions. In particular, if you are running from an attacker or any danger, then it suggests that you are not facing and confronting your fears.

Erm, yes. I did have a disagreement with my superior yesterday. It was not a big deal but I hate it when I get blamed/scolded for something I didn't do or am not responsible for. If I made a mistake, I will just shut up and accept the blame, but if it ain't of my doing, then oh boy! I will mouth off like a piston. I am not normally an argumentative person and I suppose I feel a bit guilty for saying the things I said. Hmmmm.

Check out other most common dreams like being naked, teeth falling out (I have this dream a lot!), flying, falling. You can interpret your own dreams there too!


As long as I don't dream of Freddy Kruger, I'm good, thanks. ^___^

2 comments:

Mommyyus May 22, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

i mimpi macam@..tp bile bangun pagi..xingat pun. hahaha... nanti nak g tafsir mimpi i ape..

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 22, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

me too kadang2. sangat annoying bila cuba nak remember tapi tak boleh. sometimes tak ingat mimpi, just the feelings...

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP