My love, my life, my firstborn. Happy 3 year old, Sayang...

>> Sunday, May 23, 2010

The day you came into this world, I cried. You were my biggest accomplishment to date and if I had never won anything in my entire life, I truly felt like a winner then. You were mine. From the curls on your head to the small of your toe, you were mine.

The months flew by. Your first smile. The first time you called me Mama. Your first step. I faithfully recorded each and every one of your achievement in my heart. I was too spellbound to take the time to put it all down, and I regret that now. You should know though, that even if I don't have the scrapbook to show for it, I have never loved you any less than life itself.


As you grew older and wanted to learn to explore the world on your own, I smiled and opened the doors for you. I will never hold you back from what you truly want. You have my blessing in all your worthy endeavors. Remember Allah and respect all those who deserve it. Empathize with the less fortunate. Don't sweat the small stuff, it's all small stuff anyway. 


There will came a time when you feel that you are old enough to do things on your own. Like putting on your own disposable diapers, or tying up your own shoelaces. One day you will be old enough to choose your own career path and the man you wish to marry. At each and every one of these crossroads of life, I will stand by faithfully. If you hesitate and do not know the way, reach out your hand and I will come to hold it.

Be bold and go forth to conquer the world, my child. Never fear that if your steps should falter, I will always be there to catch you before you fall. I promise.

Happy birthday, Amni Syakirah. 

7 comments:

Mommyyus May 23, 2010 at 12:06 AM  

Happy birthday, Amni Syakirah... happy & sihat selalu

::Ida:: May 23, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

happy 3 years old amni!!! :))

Liza May 24, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

Happy 3rd Birthday Amni Syakirah, such a beautiful name for a beautiful person....

ICA May 24, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

To Amni, Happy Birthday my sweet...:))..May you grow up to be as lovely as your dear mother.. from your friends Auni & Aila..

To Shareen: Wow dearie..such a beautiful entry...you are great with words...I love it when you say..the biggest accomplishment in your life....so true kan.

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 26, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Thank you so much, mommies! Hugs and kisses all around! From Syakirah, her mama and the rest of the gang ^___^

Ica: *blushes* I was feeling emotional at the time. They grow up so fast kan? Feels like just yesterday I was holding her as a newborn. And it's so true. Our children are our biggest accomplishments in life. Nothing else compares...

nadnye May 27, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Belated birthday dearie..Amni Syakirah..

loves ur entry, it's from mommy heart

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 27, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Thank you, Nad. Only a mother can fully understand another mother's heart kan?

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP