"Mama, shhhhh!"

>> Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tomorrow we are taking Syakirah to see a movie for the first time. She turned 3 last week, so now that she's a "big girl", I really wanted to take her to the cinema. We're going to watch Shrek Forever After. Unfortunately, not in 3D. Just you know, in case we have to leave the cinema half way hehe.

I do not know if tomorrow is going to be a disaster. My daughter has never been the kind of baby to be content watching the world idly goes by (as poetically put in my What To Expect book series). A little concerned if we are going to have to chase her around inside the darkened cinema, or having to shush her while the movie is playing. But you know what? I am going to suck it up and take her anyway.

Since Asyraf arrived, I haven't been able to spend as much time as I want with my eldest. The baby will always be demanding of my attention, as he should, being only 6 months old and all that. It does not mean I don't miss the mother/daughter bonding time we used to share. I want to be there for most of the 'first times' in her life and a movie is as good as any. You know what they say about the family that watches movie together... That erm, they end up with a lot of collection of DVDs at home? LOL

I've already pre-educate her on the etiquette on watching a movie in a cinema. Not that a toddler will remember all that when she is bored but hey, at least I tried.

Anyone with experience taking a toddler to see a movie for the first time wanna share their experience?

Image source

7 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy May 29, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

Oh wow! A movie milestone! I hope when Ben's time comes, he will sit quietly and watch the show too! But then, being the cool macho boy he is, I think he will do so hehehe... :P All the best tomorrow and I wonder if you can somehow sneakily take shots of her face as the show starts or something... hmmmmm....

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 29, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

I'm sure Ben will be the strong and silent type. Very macho hehehe

I intend to take loads of photos tomorrow. I don't know if I can take pictures of her inside the cinema. If I get caught and thrown into jail for supposedly illegal recording or something, it's all your fault hahaha

::Ida:: May 29, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

i never experience this before but according to my sis who has a daughter about shakirah's age, they went to watch that alice in wonderland in 3D. turned out she screamed and cried at the middle of the show (because they should've known that AIW is not really kid's friendly. in the end, the dad had to bring her out of the cinema and tinggal mummy dia je tengok. rugi kan tiket dah beli. poor abah dia :P

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 29, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Even though I LOVE Tim Burton movies, I would never encourage my kids to watch until they're at least 12! Maybe Shrek OK kot? Toy Story 3 pun dah nak kuar dah...

Erm, cam ngeri jugak kalau dia tetiba meraung2 tengah cinema tuh. Hopefully jangan ah :P

adrianathani May 29, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

we had free tickets to the iron man 2 premier to that was the first time my kids watched a movie at a cinema ;) it was a late-night screening, so they fell asleep halfway. ok la tu.

been meaning to take them to watch shrek...so do let us know how that goes!

Liza May 29, 2010 at 10:54 PM  

Don't worry my dear, usually this type of animation movies will have a cinema some what full with kids hence you will be the only doing the chasing, running and sushing! I took my kids to a movie together all 3 of them. Mira was 4, Ilham was 3 and Baby was 1. Mira enjoyed it, Ilham was restless and Baby slept just after 5 minutes the movie started. It's a good exposure and trust me, after 3 movies, they will eventually know how to behave in cinemas. Good luck and enjoy the moments. It's one of those moments you will look back and smile....

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 29, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

Adriana:

OK-lah tu kan. At least you got to see Iron Man 2 in peace. What did you think of the movie? Robert Downey Jr is so HOT! Will let you know how Shrek 4 is, assuming I get to watch the whole movie thru lah...

Liza: A 4 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old? Together? Wahhhh terer tuh. And to think I am getting worked up over taking only 1 kid to the movie LOL

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP