404 Error Page Not Found

>> Thursday, May 27, 2010

There was no way I didn't blog about this!

You know those annoying Page Not Found error you get on your web browser when the page you are trying to view is not accessible OR you thought you were connected to the internet but you're actually not?? The link I was trying to click on LiveJournal was broken butI kept clicking on it cause I really wanted to read the fanfic it was linked to open the page. It took me a couple of tries before I noticed the error messages. Check them out!

This is why I love my LJ subscription!

I have started making graphics again! Yeay for not wasting the USD7 subscription I pay every 2 months!

Page Not Found

I'm sorry, you've reached a page that I cannot find. I'm really sorry about this. It's kind of embarassing. Here you are, the user, trying to get to a page on LiveJournal and I can't even serve it to you. What does that say about me? I'm just a webserver. My sole purpose in life is to serve you webpages and I can't even do that! I suck. Please don't be mad, I'll try harder. I promise! Who am I kidding? You're probably all like, "Man, LiveJournal's webserver sucks. It can't even get me where I want to go." I'm really sorry. Maybe it's my CPU...no that's ok...how bout my hard drives? Maybe. Where's my admin? I can't run self-diagnostics on myself. It's so boring in this datacenter. It's the same thing everyday. Oh man, I'm so lonely. I'm really sorry about rambling about myself, I'm selfish. I think I'm going to go cut my ethernet cables. I hope you get to the page you're looking for...goodbye cruel world!

-the webserver

LiveJournal Admin: Sir! We have reports that someone is trying to access a page that doesn't exist!
LiveJournal Captain: Impossible! How can that be?
LiveJournal Admin: Sir, I don't know. Maybe they typed in the URL wrong or maybe we're suffering from a critical system failure.
LiveJournal Captain: Unacceptable! Redirect them to a 404 page and make it snappy!

Narrator: In A.D. 2006, Web was beginning.
Captain: What happen ?
Mechanic: Somebody set up us the journal.
Operator: We get signal.
Captain: What !
Operator: Main browser turn on.
Captain: It's you !!
CATS: How are you users !!
CATS: All your base are belong to Frank.
CATS: You are on the way to 404.
Captain: What you say !!
CATS: You have no chance to reach your page. Make your spelling correct.
CATS: Ha Ha Ha Ha ....

This page is not here
like plum blossoms in the wind
existence is fake

Note: This is a haiku

Umm...you weren't supposed to see this.
Are you sure you typed in the URL correctly?
Um. Yeah. If you could get going that would be great. Frank needs some privacy.

Note: Frank the Goat is LiveJournal's mascot.

4 comments:

adrianathani May 27, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

Hahaha! That's hilarious! I "migrated" from LJ to Blogger, but I do still miss LJ and the comment format :) The breastfeeding comm on there is still the best I've ever found.

P.s: What kind of graphics do you make?

Liza May 27, 2010 at 11:13 PM  

This is so funny!!! You are such a creative blogger!!!

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 28, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

Adriana:

Me too! Most my real life friends are on Blogger, thus this account. I mainly use LJ for my graphics, fanfic and to catch up on my fandom. I love the communities there. I think they have a community for practically everything under the sun!

I make icons, otherwise known as avatars elsewhere, banners, wallpapers. That kind of thing. I no longer do layouts cause coding is such a pain in LJ LOL

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 28, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

Liza:

Awwwww, shucks! *embarrassed*

How come Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari can't say something witty like that when we get an error? :P

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP