I've got my eyes on you!

>> Thursday, May 6, 2010

Been thinking of getting an SSC (Soft Structured Carrier) since Syakirah still wants to be carried around, despite turning 3-year old this month. Tried to carry  her in the Mei Tai. Adeh! Big mistake. But since we're not made of money, I wanted to get something that both the kids can share. Asyraf is turning 6-month old this month and can sit aided without slumping but most SSC might still be too big for him though.

Ah-ha! Cue something called infant seat/infant harness. After much deliberation, I have tentative yet firmly decided on Beco Butterfly II. Oh, and while looking it up on the 'net, I fell in love with this print. It's the Alice Edition. How cute is it? *SQUEEE*


But like said us not being made of money, I thought that an imported baby carrier is just too pricey.

Ah-ha! Cue something called the layaway program on Frog Mama and their unofficial ambassador, Lixa. Alas, they do not have Alice in stock. At this point I should probably be lying in a fetal position sobbing my heart out, unless of course, I have a plan B. Which I do. Always.

Shhhh! I don't want this future carrier of mine to know that he was second best. But don't you think that Tyler is a dashing replacement?


Hmmm. I have already made a down payment to reserve this, so you won't be able to find it anymore on Frog Mama. Hoping to rake in loads of moolah this month due to working on a couple of public holidays. Then I can afford to pay off the rest and have my stunning Tyler shipped to me. I can't wait!

13 comments:

CatlinaFly May 6, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

salam..shareen, frogmama kat california eh?tak mahal ke beli dari sana?(kalau sy tak silaplah)...tgk harga &130++..so kalau convert harga sini..huuuhuhu

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 6, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

Erm boleh tahan ah gak mahal. Campur shipping USD30 lagi untuk international delivery. Kalau Cat tak larat bayar in one shot, leh buat layaway payment tuh. I pun bayar downpayment jer bulan nie and akan bayar lagi 2 kali kat dia. After habis bayar baru dia hantar. Lagipun exchange rate sekarang tengah rendah hehehe.

nadnye May 6, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

whatever the cost is.. cun seh..
nanti bagi review skit on beco butterfly II

::Ida:: May 6, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

didnt u just buy 1? uihh dia ni.. best ke? i mean u carry ur dotter sakit pinggang tak? i carry hariz in my bjorn pon tak leh lama.. rasa nk patah pinggang.. uhuhuhu

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 6, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

nadnye: absolutely! After I finish off my layaway installments that is hehehe

Ida: Haiyaaa! I sudah kena racun dengan other babywearing mama-s. Be careful. BW is an expensive hobby! PS Baby Bjorn not recommended by BW mama-s. It's a crotch type carrier and will put pressure on lil' one spine.. or something. Just IMHO. Have to ask other sifu-s :P

::Ida:: May 6, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

i agree with the crotch thingy. tapi for me to buy a BW rasa mcm too late pulak. he's 7month n dah besoo.. perlukah???

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

Ida, 7 month is still not too late! Hariz might be too heavy for 1-shoulder carriers like ring sling or pouch for long use, but you can still try mei tai, wrap or ssc. Come-lah join Malaysian Baby Wearers forum at http://malaysianbabywearers.lefora.com/. Can try to find a BW mommy near you who lend her stash for you to try ^___^

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

PS If you get addicted, I am in no way to be blamed LOL

Liza May 6, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

how i wish they have this when my kids are smaller, the only reason for me to get one is to have a baby which is....

Mommyyus May 7, 2010 at 1:19 AM  

very nice..nasib baik anak i dah besar. kalau tak mesti i terpengaru nak beli jugak. penyakit mcm ni senang berjangkit..

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 7, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

Liza: Which is? LOL Maybe just one more?

Mommyyus: Memang senang berjangkit. Babywearing lifespan not very long. Unless another bun cooking in the oven-lah. Then the obsession starts again (O_o)

CatlinaFly May 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

nak menyampuk sikit, boleh, anak sy dah setahun sebulan pun, mama dia tgh berangan nak beli mei tai @ SSc nih! :) boleh pakai sampai weight anak 15 kg@ 3 tahun or smpi takat mana mama dia larat bawak :)

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 12, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

Cat my 3-year old daughter berat dalam 13-15kg (asik turun naik jer), angkut guna MT memang patah pinggang. E-ein ringan lagi leh ah guna MT kot. Kalau nak jimat, terus jer beli SSC, leh guna lama ^___^

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP