American Idol: Michael Jackson Night

>> Thursday, March 12, 2009

Had weekly training session last night and barely made it home in time to watch Scott MacIntyre sing Keep The Faith. Apparently, I missed Lil Rounds who was on first. Bummer. Guess I'll have to watch one of the many repeats on Astro Star World this weekend.

So, last night the theme was Michael Jackson. I am sure that this has more to do with the fact that he is a musical icon and less to do with his concert tour that is coming up soon *roll-eyes* I was kinda hoping for someone to actually moonwalk their way to the next round, but alas! Will just have to make do with tight leather pants, karaoke happy hour, and something that almost looks like dancing.


Lil Rounds - (The Way You Make Me Feel)
I didn't see this one, but knowing Lil, she probably did a good job singing it. Whether or not it was an original, have yet to be determined. I'll catch a re-run and get back to that. I love the original song though.


Scott MacIntyre - (Keep the Faith)
Can't say I'm too familliar with this song. So, yes, as Kara pointed out, it's really amazing that he taught himself to play the song on a piano in a week. But his singing is still slightly above average for me. I have nothing against him being sight challenged. This is all about his singing. Really.


Danny Gokey - (Pretty Young Thing )
I could say the same thing about him. Yumm! *cough*cough* Anyways.. vocally, this man can do no wrong. He can sing and by now I'm pretty sure he knows just how well. Paula practically named him as the one of the top 2. Now she's gone and jinxed it. Just like Simon did for David A last season by almost all but naming him the winner of season 7. I don't think there was anything wrong with the dancing. After all, if it worked for Taylor Hicks...


Michael Sarver - (You Are Not Alone)
Smooth. Safe. A bit boring. I thought I saw some killer whales jump through a hoop there for a bit. Oh, okay, fine. I'll give Paula her stash back. Sheesh.


Jasmine Murray - (I’ll Be There)
Jasmine has a big voice. She's cute too. But I just don't feel her on stage. AI has a lot of good singers. She still has yet to standout from the crowd IMO.


Kris Allen - (Do You Remember the Time)
I don't see what the big fuss is about Kris. He's boyishly cute, true. A decent singer too. I just don't see him winning this competition. Sorry.


Allison Iraheta - (Give In To Me)
I like this girl. She's unique. At 16, she's still very young but that's in her favour. Maybe it's about time that America had a rocker chic for an Idol?

Anoop Desai - (Beat It)
It's no secret by now that I'm a huge Anoop fan. The man/boy can sing, mmmkay? He just makes poor song choices... like Beat It. What was he thinking? Nobody can sing this song but MJ. Not even Anoop Dog. Period.


Jorge Nunez - (Never Can Say Goodbye)
I know that some people say that Jorge is a poor man's Ricky Martin. I don't completely disagree. His accent doesn't bother me as much as it does Simon. It's just the tackiness factor in some of his song choices and performances. He has the voice, just need a little bit of work in the right direction.


Megan Joy - (Rockin' Robin)
Megan is quirky and fun and her song choice reflects that. As much as I adore Megan, she should show that she has more to offer or America will get bored of her soon.




Adam Lambert - (Black and White)
Mmmm, Adam rocks the stage in black leather pants. He's got ridiculous vocals, as Kara would put it. We all now by now that he can hit those high notes. I would like to see him sing something slower and more emotional.


Matt Giraud - (Human Nature)
Lately I've been noticing Matt in a big way. I love it when a white boy has a soulful voice. Top 6 definitely, if I had my way.


Alexis Grace - (Dirty Diana)
I've always liked Alexis. Loved the pants, but not so sure about the song choice. It's a big song and I don't think she did a good enough job. Pity.

Bottom 3 prediction:

  • Megan Joy

  • Anoop Desai

  • Jorge Nunez

0 comments:

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP