All Makan-Makan piccies

>> Monday, March 30, 2009

Been so damn lazy to update since last week. Mostly because I was just feeling so under the weather. Damn flu and fever. Or is there something more?? The jury is still out on that one on how I feel about the whole thing. Happy? No? Maybe? I'll give it a few more days at least to be sure.

Anyways, I've been to 2 makan-makan outing since. Eh, I have to post this according to structure, or else straight get bad notes from reviewer mwahahaha!!!!

Author's Note: I plead temporary insanity. It's almost time for weekly reviews again ^_^

A) Proffesional Advantage Makan-Makan at Yuen Steamboat, Sunway


Went there last Wednesday right after work. Baybe came too. I mean, how can I not ask the love of my life to an all-you-can-eat-steamboat-buffet? It cost aproximately RM20 per head, but definitely worth it for steamboat fans. So many choices! Free flow of soup, typical steamboat soup (chicken, I think) or tom-yam, and Chinese tea as well. A can of Coke is an additional RM2. I do believe that for those who prefer the tea to be more the Long Island kind, you can get those here too.


Did I mention the chicken wing madness yet? No? I have never seen any food disappear off a tray that fast. I swear, one of the kids caught it on video on his digital camera and it (the chicken wings, I mean) were all gone in 10 seconds! It took 3 tray refills before yours truly could even got her hands on a pair. I think the kitchen lady was afraid of us by then. People were literally waiting with those metal kitchen thongs and plates around the table. I mean - whoah!

The verdict? Emm, quite yummy, actually. Well worth all the waiting and grabbing... the chicken wings I mean! Typical Malaysian attitude with buffets. Hmph! Oh, and there's a fine of RM6 for every 100g of wasted food so beware! No piling plates sky high with Shitake mushrooms and then not eating them.


B) Effan's (my sister, Farah's boyfriend) birthday Makan-Makan at Restoran Seri Angkasa, KL Tower



Quite pricey - was my first thought, relatively speaking to other hi-tea packages offered by other hotels/restaurants. But then again, revolving scenery of Kuala Lumpur from a height of over 400m is pretty hard to come by. Parking was very limited. If you're in for a little cardio-action, I suggest parking somewhere else (The Weld etc.) and walking up the winding road up to the 'Tower. However, I seriously recommend taking the elevator to the restaurant rather as I don't think visitors are allowed to take the stairs all the way up without some special permission!

The food is only slightly above average. As we only went for hi-tea, the choices were limited to local cuisine, light western dishes and dessert. The latter, I must add, are quite plentiful and sweet, as in more sweet than normal. Those who have sugar issues, please avoid this mouth-watering, diabetes inducing spread. Oh, and if you're taking the bread pudding? Go easy on the cream. I think it could be 90% pure condensed milk.

Please make sure your digital cameras have sufficient memory, though. You won't want to miss a chance to pose to your heart content with the 360 degree view of Kuala Lumpur!

Baybe had to work and couldn't make it. Booo!!




0 comments:

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP