American Idol Top 36: Round III

>> Thursday, March 5, 2009

Woopsy on never updating about Top 36: Round II. My bad. In my defence, it was a pretty messed up week for me. No worries, though. Except for Adam Lambert's cover of the Rolling Stones' Can't Get No Satisfaction, there wasn't much to see anyways.

The contestants I was looking forward to seeing last night were Lil Rounds, sight challenged dude a.k.a Scott MacIntyre, Ju'not Joyner, and Kendall Beard... in that order. A surprise performance by contestant Jorge Nunez singing George Michael's Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me. I could be biased though. David A sang that song at last year's finals, but the judges did seem to agree with me somewhat.


Lil Rounds was awesome. And she sang Mary J Blige's Be Without You which is one of my favourite alltime song! You go, girl!


*SIGH* You know that American Idol has reached its maximum cheese factor when you start to identify contestants by the tragedies in their lifes rather than their actual names. For example, the glasses dude that lost his wife (Danny Gokey), the mother of 3 whose house was lost in a tornado (Lil Rounds), and sight challenged dude that taught himself how to play the piano despite his handicap (Scott MacIntyre). Do we see a pattern here? I admit that it is quite an amazing feat that Scott has done for himself. But let's face it, his performance last night was only slightly above average if he wasn't handicapped.


It's Kara..

vs them!

The stars of the show weren't the actual contestants themselves though. Is it me or do I detect an escalating tension between Kara and the other 3 judges? Kara is just trying to hard too prove herself and they just won't give her a break. I mean, Randy, Paula, and Simon have been doing this for 7 seasons. Instead of backing her up and giving her some slack, they're obviously ganging up against her at times. And what's this rumour going round that Paula wants Kara O-U-T because she is stealing Paula's thunder or some sh**? I think Paula need to take a deep sip of whatever they put in her Coca-Cola cup and calm down.

My favourite top 3 for last night's show:
  • Lil Rounds
  • Ju'not Joyner
  • Jorge Nunez

1 comments:

LiXa the Mama Alya March 5, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

yeah..jorge did performed well..
and i still hate paula..
haha

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP