Jamie Oliver wins 2010 TED Award

>> Friday, March 12, 2010

Jamie Oliver’s Wish: 
“I wish for your help to create a strong, sustainable movement to educate every child about food, inspire families to cook again and empower people everywhere to fight obesity.” 

I adore Jamie Oliver. He is just so... adorable! I've been watching him grow on TV since his first controversially named show, The Naked Chef.

No, he was NEVER naked on the shows. That would be just gross considering it's a cooking show and all.

Anyways, I've been watching him grow physically (rounder but still adorable) and as a person as well. A few years back he started a revolution in his home country, trying to campaign for healthier food to be served at schools. The show was called Jamie's School Dinners. I would like to say that everyone is eating healthier food in the schools in England nowadays but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day after all!

Imagine my Tweet-in' surprise when I read this tweet, #RyanSeacrest if ur a mother, father, aunt or uncle, you need to see this: http://bit.ly/bxomqm. Oh, and BTW, I follow Ryan Seacrest for the American Idol updates. He tweets like, so much. It's great to know what goes on behind the scenes. Moving on...

Click on the link and watch the video. Jamie's speech is so inspiring. He is obviously very passionate about the issue and I wish him all the best in his endeavor.

Congratulations, Jamie! I hope you make a world of a difference ^___^



Read about the TED Prize here.

0 comments:

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP