Of Family Days, Baby Wearing, Car Crashes and Zombie Apocalypse (in that order) ~ Part II

>> Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Episode III: Car Crashes

Coming back from Cherating, we arrived home at about 5.30 pm. After being cooped up the car with a Syakirah (restless as ever) and Asyraf sniffling (poor thing had the flu) all the way, I was just so glad to be able to get out of car and stretch my old weary bones. With 3 loads of laundry and a sack of ocean products i.e. keropok lekor, to sort out, as usual, I had to go into Quad-core mode to get things done before the kids' bedtime.

Later that evening, while I was folding a pile of clothes that (I s*** you not) as high as my waist, bear in mind that I'm not really that tall either, Baybe realized he left his phone in the car. So, OK-lah. He went downstairs to get it. When he got back, he was visibly upset and was talking to MIL over the phone. Apparently, his younger brother was involved in an accident. Subhanallah.

I wanted to go with him to the hospital but Syakirah and Asyraf were both already asleep. Besides, they might not allow children into the ER. I felt really bad for my MIL and wanted to keep her company. My  husband's father passed away when he was 18 and he is the eldest in a family of 3 boys. Being a first born myself, I know what it's like to feel responsible for your family.

The car, Baybe updated me later, was a total lost, whatever that means. But Al-hamdulillah, his brother not only survived the crash, but was relatively unscathed, just fractures, tears and bruises. Considering the condition of the car, it could have certainly gone much, much worse.

Update: Bro-in-law has been discharged yesterday and is now resting at home.

To be continued...

0 comments:

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP