Ode to my family

>> Friday, March 26, 2010

What is the most important thing to you? Making loads of money? Advancing in your career? The power to do whatever you want whenever you want? As for me, it's no secret, that family is the most important thing. I have never realized though, just how much it means to me until what happened yesterday.

I have always taken for granted that I will always be surrounded by the people I love. It just didn't occur to me that as my children grow up, my parents will grow older as well. Especially since I see my folks everyday, you tend to miss the little things. Such as afternoon naps that lasts longer, lack of appetite, family outings in shorter bursts instead of an all day event. It doesn't mean I love my parents any less, it's just that sometimes, in the eyes of the child, you see your father and mother as this invincible force that will always be there for you when you need them. You think that they will always be on the other side of the phone when you need to ask them about this weird rash your 3 month old baby has been having for days now. You imagine that they will always have an answer to your every question.

I know that everything shall pass according to its time. I only hope that within this short time that God has granted us together as a family, that my parents realize just how much they have shaped my life and how much I appreciate all their sacrifices for my siblings and I. I want them to know that I love them so very much and I would be lost without their guidance. I can only hope that even though I didn't turn out to be a doctor as they had hoped, that they would still be proud of me as their daughter, as I am to call them Ayah and Mama.

So we have to a full circle. It's my turn now to take care of them now. Insya-Allah.

3 comments:

Liza March 26, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

I am sure your parents are proud of you....like we always are proud of our kids no matter what

eyriqazz March 30, 2010 at 1:04 AM  

berbudi kepada ibu bapa besar pahalanya..tahniah..

Shareen Mohd Saleh March 30, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

Liza: I hope so ^___^

eyriqazz: Insya-Allah. Thanks for stopping by ^___^

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP