At a (hair) loss

>> Friday, March 5, 2010

I've called in the plumber. My shower drain is clogged. My hair brush is bushy and there is hair everywhere I look. There's hair on my pillow, hair on the floor, hair on my clothes, and the very last straw, hair on my brand new Samsung wide screen monitor. I am. Not. Happy.

Me after giving birth to Syakirah in 2007
This is me after giving brith to Syakirah in 2007.This is me NOW

Postpartum hair loss is common. After I gave birth to Syakirah, I went through the same thing. Thank God for the What To Expect book series. Yes, I do realize that I could have simply Google-d TM the answer but bear in mind that at that point I was still using the ever unreliable Celcom broadband using my SEK810i as a modem. Sorry yer, bebudak Netcare. You know it's true hehehe.

 In the end I had no choice but to chop off my long locks. The hairdresser also recommended me a treatment to "balance the PH"of my scalp and to "stimulate hair follicle regrowth". What they oh-so conveniently forgot to mention was the shock treatment involved in the procedure. All I'm saying is that there was mild electrocution involved. I will leave the rest to your imagination.


Oh, and the hair loss thing? Apparently, there really isn't much else we can do about it but wait it out. In the mean time, electrocution anyone?



9 comments:

CatlinaFly March 5, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

memang, suke rambut panang tapi rimasnye bila panas dan rambut gugr..baru je lepas potong rambut sebab tak tahan panas! :)..tapi i miss my long locks...

CatlinaFly March 5, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

**panang: panjang!

Shareen Mohd Saleh March 5, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

hahahaha. My hubby pun prefer I rambut panjang but dah tak sampai hati tengok I mengeluh sambil pegang handful of hair yg dah gugur je...

It's OK, Cat. Remember, hair grows (nak sedapkan hatilah tu konon LOL)

Azaidris March 5, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

i know what u mean. going thru d same thing right now. Siap rambut stuck bwh leher baby i yg berlapis tu lagi hehe.. waktu preggie best je rambut lebat. ni pun plan to cut my hair. panas..rimas..

Shareen Mohd Saleh March 5, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

aza

sangat sedih kan to see our crowning glory everywhere on the floor *SOB* Tapi I pun rimas gak when BF malam2 and rambut terselit mulut baby... Ish

AJ March 6, 2010 at 1:13 AM  

salam,rasanya gaya bahasa sukar difahami oleh sesetengah orang..

p/s :maaf ,hanya pandangan peribadi...

teh ais limei March 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

Hi, I just realised that you dropped by my blog =) Haha don't really check my cbox that often but its a nice surprise to hear from you. Thanks for the compliments. Are you a Pratchett fan too?

Shareen Mohd Saleh March 8, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

Eyriqazz, no worries. Everyone entitled to own opinion. My writing reflects my disjointed and completely random thoughts LOL

teh ais limei, my friend has been trying to convert me to be pratchett fan for years. i'm a tolkien-atic and robert jordan fan. which is the best pratchett book for absolute beginner like me? hehehe

P. Rovillus March 19, 2010 at 1:44 AM  

I had to badger my Doctor for months to test my thyroid level and, as I thought, it was low, so I have been on meds for about a year now and that hasn’t made any difference in the hair loss.I also developed seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and the sides of my nose.

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP