"I would do anything for love..."

>> Thursday, March 4, 2010

... says Meatloaf. The band, not the food. But...would I?


The more I explore the mommy bloggers world on the web, the more I realized that many are either already a Work At Home Mom (WAHM), or have plans to be one. Myself? I am still working in the technical support industry, working 12-hour shifts at a time. Probably sooner than later, I will be put back on rotation for night shifts again for an entire month at a time, from 7 pm to 7 am. I might not even be able to see my children on work days...

*takes a deep breath*

It's not that I am in love with my job or anything like that. It's just that it pays quite well for my qualifications and I need the money to help Baybe and my parents financially. I've been in this field for some time now and starting over in at entry level pay in a new field will greatly affect our money situation. So many people rely on me for so many things that at times I feel like I could implode with all the pressure.

I won't though, because I can't. I have my two darlings that I cannot afford to let down. I have to do everything I can to balance working in this crazy industry while being a good mother, wife, and daughter. I have to be strong. I want my children to look up to me and find the courage to live their lives the way the see fit. I want to be there for my husband when he needs my shoulder to cry on. I want to take care of my parents when they can no longer take care of themselves, the way they took care of me when I was literally still their "little" girl.

Maybe I'm just feeling broody because this is the first time my "monthly friend" come to visit in a long time. It doesn't change the  fact though. I would do anything for the ones I love... wouldn't you?

2 comments:

::Ida:: March 4, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

I would! like u too my time spent everyday mostly at work. they even say i spent more time with my work than my family. i love my job & i love my family. somtimes i find that i could channel sadness tru my work my work could brighten up my day ;)

Shareen Mohd Saleh March 4, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

it's great that ur passionate about ur work ^___^ I only wish I could say the same about mine *SIGH*

It's so challenging to be a working mother nowadays. Always got some "well meaning" makcik that give me some look and say "hantar anak pergi nursery ker? habis tu bila kerja malam sapa jaga baby?" Aper-lah...

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP