National Artiste Day: P. Ramlee, My Hero

>> Friday, May 30, 2008


It seems that the government has finally deemed it worthy to name a day after our finest artiste - P. Ramlee. Now ask anyone who really knows me and they will tell you that I have this obsession with this man. I DO NOT watch Malay movies - God save us from all the Sembilu-s of this world - but P. Ramlee movies I know by heart, at least the funny ones. I can't bring myself to watch the more serious ones. I watched the first 15 minutes of Si Penarik Beca and have since become traumatized for life. For the record, I don't watch Hindi movies either for more or less the same reason, but I digress. My favourite P. Ramlee movies of all times are Seniman Bujang Lapok, Pendekar Bujang Lapok and Tiga Abdul. Who can ever forget the spontaneous joke Aziz and Sudin made about the rented house that is 7 x 3 x 6? LOL That one is a classic!

Here are my Top 5 classic P. Ramlee moments in order, I think

5 - "Aku mati dalam iman..."- Ali Baba Bujang Lapok
4 - Letter reading time - Pendekar Bujang Lapok
3 - " Cobaan " - Pendekar Bujang Lapok
2 - " King mana? King Kong! King Kong kepala hotak kau " - Seniman Bujang Lapok
1 - " 7 kaki panjangnya, 3 kaki lebarnya. Ada dalam pulak tu... " Seniman Bujang Lapok

The man's a genius and a true patriot. I'm glad that he is getting his dues at last, albeit 3 decades too late.


2 comments:

Byxura The Great May 30, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Bagusla shareen ni!!! walaupun csi disanjungi.. tapi P Ramlee tetap tidak dilupakan!!

Shareen Mohd Saleh May 30, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

Eh P Ramlee tu kan idola kita. Hahahahaha

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP