OrphanCare

>> Friday, June 4, 2010



Every Child Needs a Family


OrphanCARE is a non-profit non-governmental organization whose objective is to give orphans and abandoned babies in Malaysia the love, care and security children deserve. We believe ‘Every Child Needs a Family’

OrphanCARE  aims to help change society's mindset towards orphans, recognizing that children should not be left permanently in orphanages which should really only be 'transit points' before they are placed with families who can raise them in a proper family surroundings.

Head Quarters
OrphanCARE Malaysia
   
Address:
6 Lorong SS 1 / 24A
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
47300
Malaysia

E-mail:     contact@orphancare.org.my
Telephone:     +60378761900
Fax:     +60378751900
Mobile Phone Number:     +60123938337
http://www.orphancare.org.my

 I read about this on Catlina's blog this morning. I remember reading about it on The Star last week or so. You can read the article online here. I also remember  thinking that it was about time Malaysia did this. I cannot stomach any more pictures of innocent newborns being thrown in drains or garbage bins whom, I fervently pray, were no longer alive when it happened. I do not even want to consider the possibility that they were still breathing when they were 'disposed of', thinking of their fragile skin being bitten by insects, exposed to our hot or rainy weather... It's just too much to bear. 

I know some people think that a program like this will only promote more (unsafe) pre-marital sex. I agree to disagree. Let's look at the bigger picture. Education is still important to deal with the issue. Pre-marital sex is haram in Islam, so is abortion without any valid medical reason. Unprotected sex is foolish as it can result in Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) or worse, an unwanted pregnancy. However, the innocent babies born out of the whole ordeal is in no way to be punished for the mistakes their parents made. They should be given their chance to lead a healthy and happy life, surrounded by people who would love them and care for them.

Thank you, OrphanCare, for giving these so-called unwanted children the chance they rightfully deserve.

On a more personal note, I have always wanted to be a volunteer for a cause such as this one for as long as I can remember. It is just something I feel very strongly about. I would really love to sign up as a volunteer, especially since their center is just somewhere here in PJ, but as a wife and mother to 2 children, I would have to ask  Baybe's permission first. I will still try to help this worthy endeavor in any way I can though.

If  their plight has in any way touched you, please visit their website where you can pledge your support as a volunteer or even sign up to adopt a child. Blog owners can even help spread the word by blogging about OrphanCare. I am sure that the children under their care would appreciate it... and so would I.

4 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy June 4, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Yeah, why babies get punished for the mistakes done by their parents? Those poor innocent souls, they never get to see the beauty in this planet..

Btw, thanks for dropping by and commenting in my blog on the baby room review! :D

Ermm.. which part of PJ are you staying at?

Shareen Mohd Saleh June 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

Very very true. Everytime I think about it, I want to run home and hug my babies.

I stay in Cheras. I'm working in PJ. Near the Assunta Hospital... somewhere. When are we gonna hang out ah? I haven't seen you since... our days back in SAB! LOL

ICA June 5, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

Shareen, good of you to post this entry. I mmg missing on the news lately...kena baca friends blog baru dpt latest news. This is such a good cause.....and it is about time too.

Shareen Mohd Saleh June 5, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

Ica

It's a very good cause and I think especially mothers like us appreciate the effort the most ^____^

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP