Shrek Forever After with Syakirah

>> Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Aiyoooo. Dah berhabuk dah this topic, but my new mantra is... Don't do today what you can put off tomorrow. Or the day after. Hahahahaa.

FYI, my blogging hours are mainly from Wednesdays to Saturdays anyways. My off days are reserved for catching up on chores, sleep (I can only wish with 2 small kids zzzzZZZZ) and spending quality time with my family. Oh, and when I am on the computer at home, I tend to load my Sims 3 game instead of the internet. LOL. Hey, I spent good money on the original versions, might as well get my money's worth hehe.

Back to the topic.

 We went on the 30th May at Midvally. I booked 2 slots, just in case we missed the first one and our seats got released. Fortunately, it wasn't. Phew!

It turned out we were worried over nothing. Syakirah was relatively well behaved through out the entire movie, except a few kicking-seat-in-front and talk-out-loud incidents. Only thing is that the seat in front of her, together with the head of the person sitting in it, obscured part of the screen for her. Boo for cinemas not being kid friendly. I paid full seat for Syakirah too. They should only charge for a seat if the child is above a certain height, not age. Mr GSC, please take note.

The movie itself was downright hilarious! I think I might have enjoyed it more than my kid. A much better comeback from the not-so-funny Shrek The Third. Yeay for new character, Rumpelstiltskin. I still remember him from my old fairy tales book. I even named a teddy bear after him! Does anybody else remember the fairy tale?

The movie sees Shrek malcontent with his current place in life as a father and husband, having had his inner ogre domesticated by marriage. He just wanted things to be the way it used to be. But be careful what you wish for, Shrek... sometimes it might just come true, and a higher price than you are willing to pay.

I had several lough out loud moments and a few tearjerkers, especially when Shrek realized he might never see his family again and pulled out his daughter's squeaky toy from his pocket. Adeh! Mommies, please bring a tissue with you.

In the end, true love conquers all and we are left with huge smiles on our faces. Feel good movie for the entire family. Next up, Toy Story 3!


Poor Asyraf had to stay at MIL place. Tunggu dah besar sikit yer, sayang?

"Mama, apa tuh??"

Erk. Gangster-nyer posing.

Big girls need their own box of pop-corn and cup of drink.

9 comments:

::Ida:: June 9, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

hehehe.. so it went well huh? oh my.. bila la i boleh tengok movie pulak ni :P

I'm a full-time mummy June 9, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

Yeay! Glad to hear it went well! :)

Shareen Mohd Saleh June 9, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

LOL Yeah, it went fine. I actually saw someone bringing a much younger baby to the show, like 4-5 months old. I didn't hear any baby crying, so I guess OK-lah tu kot :P

Shareen Mohd Saleh June 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

Jenny

Does this mean you changed your mind about taking Ben to see Toy Story 3? *wink*

ICA June 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

Shareen, for us...Ujang ada bawak Auni 2x to see movies and both times they went home early. She got bored easily nak wait till the end of the movie. Till now, us parents tengok kat rumah ja...sedih waa coz me like to go to movies actually. Haiya, takkan nak wait till they are teenagers..??? yikes....

Way to go...Syakirah....:))

Shareen Mohd Saleh June 10, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

Teenagers? Uih lama lagi tuh. But we'll probably not feel the time fly by. Pejam jelik jer suddenly our babies are fully hormonal teens...

Ica, I think you and Ujang better invest in HD TV, Bluray DVD player and a good stock of Blu-Ray discs. I don't do Blu-Ray (yet), but I got a collection of DVD box sets you can borrow *wink*

Liza June 10, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

plan to take the kids next week, it's been ages since we went to the cinema

Shareen Mohd Saleh June 12, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

Liza are you going to go see Toy Story 3? Plan on taking Syakirah to see that too. Hopefully in 3D ^_______^

qingblog March 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM  

Enjoy the freedom of using Office Standard 2010 from more locations on more devices. Microsoft Outlook 2010 download provides you with a world-class experience to stay productive and in touch with your personal and business networks.

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP