Stephanie Meyer's Twilight

>> Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I've actually bought Stephanie Meyer's Twilight yesterday. I have yet to determine whether or not I regret it. So far, it's been easy reading. No complicated myth or lore to boggle the mind. I just can't stop thinking that if Anne Rice ever decided to write a Sweet Valley novel, this is what it would be like, Instead of California with all the sun, sea and malls, it features a small town called Forks that always rains and is dark and foggy, and basically is Lestat's favorite vacation getaway ;-P The main character of the story is a girl called Isabella Swan, Bella, who is pale skinned and not athletic at all, and never really fit in with people around. If she doesn't end up being a vampire in some later chapters or book in the series, then I am no judge of vampire stories. But she will. I've read the spoilers - heh.

Nothing challenging so far in the earlier chapters. Will read again later. I might not buy the rest of the books in the series. I love comparing different vampire lores, the classic Bram Stoker's Count Dracula, Anne Rice's sensual vampires, the virus infected Blade and gang (say it with me... Daywalker), Christopher Pike's Aryan vampire, Sita, who happens to be the last one BTW... Why doesn't nobody ever write about Malaysian vampires a.k.a. Pontianak is what I want to know. And toyol. And hantu pocong.

0 comments:

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP