Melancholy days

>> Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Profanity warning! Kiddies, close your eyes and hum My Favourite Things (Sound of Music OST)




My house was broken into yesterday, again. This t
ime they thrashed all the bedrooms in the house. We've gotten a little more careful since last time and hid the jewelry baikkk punya but... I just got duit kutu like last week right? I wanted to put that in the bank but thought, 'oh well, it's just for a few days, a week at most, coz I have to renew my roadtax soon'. I put that it my dressing table drawer under some envelopes and angpau-s. How was I supposed to know that of all the fucking luck in the whole motherfucking universe, my house would get broke into on the motherfucking week that I actually keep cash at home?!!! I mean, yes, they took Syakirah's money too, and apparently that amounts to hundreds as well, but I can replace that. It's not like she needs to use the money soon. But I played kutu all year for that money, knowing that I would have it in time to pay for both my cars' road tax and insurance and just because some dick head got it into his brain that he needed to get an extra pair of jeans for Hari Raya, I get my money stolen?!!

Deep calm breaths. Think happy thoughts.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
brown paper packages tied up with strings,
these are a few of my favorite things



There. All better now. As I was saying, losing the money wasn't even the worst part. The big chopping knife from the kitchen, that was in my clothes hamper in the room where the asshole dropped after he found the cash in my drawer, no doubt. Now I'm so scared to stay home. After the so-called Grissom of Malaysia left after taking a few measly photos and some finger prints, I cleaned up the mess and prepare to go to sleep. As I was cleaning up, I got this tight feeling in my stomach and my heart beat was racing. I keep thinking of things I should do to the house to make it safe or what I sould do in case some idiotic psycho broke into the house while I was there. Should I grab Syakirah and run while my husband tries to fend off the intruder or should I grab baseball bat and pitch in? I keep imagining the worst and prepare myself so that I won't panic if it ever comes to that. Which I hope it won't, Insya-Allah.

I really, really didn't feel like going to work today. I just have this strange feeling, you know? But the best thing to do when confronting tragedies is to just keep busy and get on with it. It takes a while for me to process bad things when they happen to me and keeping busy will keep my mind off things. So, yossshhhh!!! Let's answer calls wooo-hoooooo!!!



0 comments:

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP