Drunk Driving Accident in Taman Midah, Cheras

>> Friday, April 2, 2010

I know I have already Tweeted about this, but I have only seen the video just now (my office firewall blocks all Java applications *SIGH*). I strongly recommend those with weak stomachs not to Google for the video, or even try to find it on Youtube, which have removed most of the uploaded videos anyways. The CCTV video, although from afar, is quite clear and graphic. It is very, very disturbing. So much so, I think I might have to take a puff off my inhaler before I finish posting this, literally speaking.

This is the most disgusting, tragic, horrifying thing I have ever seen in my life. That is saying something considering I receive a lot of spam e-mails containing, among others, fried-kitten rice, PETA anti-fur campaign, human fetus chopped and cut into soup etc. I am at a loss on how to convey my deepened sadness and unspeakable rage at the whole incident. As always, when speech fails me, I turn to put my thoughts and emotion into words instead.  

Imagine taking your family out for a dinner. Imagine stopping by a petrol station on the way to refill, smiling as you watch your spouse pump the fuel, holding your sleepy child in your arms while listening to a nice upbeat song on the radio. A typical family night.

Imagine looking up to suddenly see a pair of bright lights heading towards you at 120km/h. Imagine not having enough time to call out to your unsuspecting husband. Imagine clutching your children in your arms while your car is being slammed and watching the love of your life caught in the middle of it all, blood and petrol spraying all over the windshield until you cannot even  begin to tell where the blood ends and where the petrol begins.

Imagine all this happening in seconds. In the midst of it all, what would you do if you knew that the reason all this happened was because a silly 23-year old girl thought she was too good to have someone pick her up from some random bar, where she had consumed too much alcohol earlier?

Please. I beg of all of you. The man in that video is a friend of my husband's colleague. Have some respect for the departed and flag/report as abusive all the videos of this incident you see online. I have already done so for all that I could find. This man left behind a wife and two children, aged 4 and 2 years old.

Imagine all of this happening to you. Would you want to login to your Facebook account and see it over and over again? Have a heart.

To the victim of this senseless crime, Al-Fatihah.

4 comments:

I'm a full-time mummy April 3, 2010 at 1:00 AM  

Hi Shareen,

I saw the video on Facebook but it was not that clear. Pretty much scared the shit out of me... I mean, who would've thought a simple and normal task of fueling up your car could turn out to be so deadly? Now, everywhere we go, I'd be wondering, how safe are we actually? I mean, who knows... the road in front of you looks clear and safe but what about the opposite direction and all?

Life is short sis... enjoy it while we can! Love all we can! :)

p.s: Thanks for following my blog :)

Shareen Mohd Saleh April 3, 2010 at 7:40 AM  

Jenny

I know! It's so scary to think that such a horrible thing can happen to anyone while something so typical as filling up your car. As if we need any more reason to be afraid to leave the house, what with child rapists and all walking around...

If I knew you had a blog, I would have followed a lot earlier. *kisses*

Liza April 3, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

MBH told me about the video, i just don't have the guts to watch the clip as I know I will break down....Al-Fatihah to Arwah and Salam Takziah to the family...

Shareen Mohd Saleh April 7, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

Liza

Thank you. I'm sure the family of the arwah will appreciate it. And yes, I strongly recommend mothers especially to not watch the video. It will definitely break your heart :(

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP