Bank A (bukan nama sebenar) = Major FAIL!

>> Thursday, April 22, 2010

This is the second month in a row I have had trouble with this bank, and their only service/product that I use is their IKEA Visa Card. Yes, you probably already which bank I am talking about. I only wanted to get the special monthly IKEA members price promotion and the 0% installment fee for purchases above RM500 but at this rate, I am s-oooo going to totally cancel my credit card.

I don't think I've posted this here (I think I updated Twitter and FB), but when I received last month's statement, I noticed that my current balance is RM8x.xx but the the minimum payment is RM100.00. That's strange. I have always paid more than the monthly installment (how else can I pay RM8x.32 using the cash deposit machine?) so how is it possible that the minimum payment is more than the current balance itself?

I called up their contact center and the customer service agent then informed me that I actually owed them RM175.xx because I had missed out on one month's payment. What?! I don't think so, lady. She also kept repeating it over and over again until my ears started bleeding that that is what is shown on her system therefore it must be correct.  No point in arguing with a parrot, I finally made her agree that maybe I didn't receive one of the bills and missed the payment. To which she claimed that she will e-mail me the 2 months statement, current month and month I did not pay, and call me back within a half hour. Agent name was D (bukan nama sebenar).

Yeah, right *snort*

3 days later I received the e-mail, and still no phone call. Their statement never made much sense to me let alone the system print out copy that I was given. Being the typical Malaysian that I am, I grudgingly admitted to myself that since I am not exactly the most paper organized person in the world, maybe I misplaced a bill and skipped a payment. I paid RM176 and hoped that that would be the end of that. After all, that was the 6th of the 6 monthly installment payment plan that I took.

Alas, this was not to be.

After paying off ALL of my installments, come to think of it, they probably owe me money since I always a couple of ringgit extra every month, now my statement reads:

Current Outstanding Balance -RM89.xx    Minimum Payment RM50.00

That is BS (ala Russell Peters)!


Therefore, today I will proceed to give one customer service agent one heck of a piece of my mind. I mean, I don't want to. I used to work in customer service myself and I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of a customer's angry tirade but enough is enough.

1 comments:

Liza April 22, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

dealing with banks can be frustrating sometimes, and let's now even start with the customer service....

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP