"The hills are a-liveeeee...

>> Thursday, February 25, 2010

 ...with the sound of muu-sic"

How many times have you seen Sound of Music? If your answer is *GASP* 'never', like my husband.. how old young are you and where have you been?? I mean, seriously, the movie is a classic. Me and my siblings watched it dozens of times (on VHS, lagi tau) when we were younger. I insisted to my husband that our children watch it and he just didn't get my enthusiasm for it. I even sing the Do-Re-Mi song while changing Asyraf's nappy.

Me: Doe, a dee-r, a female dee-rrr (unfasten diaper)
Asyraf: Uh-oh.
Me: Ray, a drrr-op of golden sunnnnn (wipes)
Asyraf: ...
Me: Me, a name I call mys-elllf (powders)
Aysraf: ...
Me: Fa-rrr, a long long w-aay to rrr-unnn!!! (puts on new diaper)
Asyraf: Huwaaaa! (starts crying)
Me: Eh, budak ni. Apa, kurang sedap ker mama nyanyi?


I promise that that scenario did not take place anytime this past week. Or two. *wink*wink*


Maybe it's because I used to watch it when I was all young and innocent that watching this movie puts a smile on my face. Or, maybe because it is simply an entertaining and inspirational movie that makes it a good watch. Although based on a true story, like most Hollywood productions, everything is made into a nice and glossy movie with an open ending that hints of better things to come for the Von Trapp family. I won't spoil it for others who haven't read the book, or Wikipedia, on the truth. Come to think of it, it depresses me to even think that this beautiful harmonious family might not get the happy ending they deserve.

Oh well. Time for a dose of happy, shiny, singing people. "Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start..."

0 comments:

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP