Syakirah's first single bed *SOB*

>> Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It was bound to happen. My baby is getting too big to sleep with her Ayah and Mama. We've been considering getting her a proper children's bed before the new baby comes. One that won't break our budget. Thank you, IKEA, for your timely promotion tee-hee.

The bed frame plus guard rail (and bed base, of course) cost RM179. The mattress is sold separately. Oh, and the bed sheets too - duh, me! And the even better news is, it all fit into our compact Myvi car - hooray! I think it only took like 30 - 45 minutes for Baybe to install it? Not too bad, considering how my husband is not exactly the D-I-Y type.

Syakirah was really excited about her new bed. She loved it! The only problem is, she still wants to sleep with me. But not on our bed. She would never make it that easy for me. She wants me to come and sleep with her on her new bed. My 7-month pregnant self cramped on small bed with my 2-year toddler tucked in my arms *SIGH* It's a work in progress. It's only her second night.

This is her taking an afternoon nap, poor thing...



I still wake up in the middle of the night, slightly panicked, when I don't see her sleeping next to me. I miss cuddling her when she sleeps. I think the separation is probably harder on me than it is on her. How will I ever survive her first day of school when the time comes?

5 comments:

Byxura The Great September 30, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

Ala.. ciannyer dia tido sorang2! hehehe

Shareen Mohd Saleh September 30, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

Memang kesian tapi kang mana muat berempat campur ngan baby baru atas katil? Huuuu huuuu

Barakzz Del' pobazz October 2, 2009 at 3:31 AM  

alalalalla shakira all grown up.....remind me of my first single bed.... miss my mom that time but best coz have my own bed.... shakira pun mesti feel cam tu kan...

Shareen Mohd Saleh October 2, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

Umur baper tahun dapat first single bed Muu Muu? 2 tahun macam terlalu awal ker??

Nama jer ada katil seniri. Kengkadang malam2 dia datang naik atas katil mama gak hehehehehe

Barakzz Del' pobazz October 2, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

ahakss mase tu dah besar sikit mama tak ingat but not 2 yrs...ala shakira miss her mommy n daddy....nak tido same baru nyenyak..:)

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP