Dude, where's my toes?

>> Thursday, September 10, 2009

Before I even begin, I would like to point out that I am fully aware that the title of my post is grammatically incorrect. The correct term should be "Dude, where ARE my toes?" but since that doesn't sound quite as catchy, let's just ignore it shall we?

Anyways, yesterday, after coming back from Dr Ahmad, Baybe suddenly said, "Eh, jom gi IKEA nak?"

We've been looking for a new wardrobe for Syakirah and a dresser for the baby. Neither has to be as pretty as it is functional, but if we can find a balance between the 2 and throw in cheap as well, what the hey! We've been to Cavenzi and some other random furniture stores around Cheras, thinking maybe we could save on the delivery charge if we get it close enough to home. We even went to IKEA, like a couple of weeks back, only to find a decent 5-drawer dresser priced at only RM112 to be temporarily out of stock. Bummer.

Since I was sadly under dressed, I convinced Baybe to stop at the house first so me and Syakirah (or is it Syakirah and I?) can change. I no longer even try to get my husband to dress appropriately for different occasions. It's just a lost cause. It was almost 3pm when we left the house so we had to rush to make it back for berbuka later.

My daughter was in a hyper mood as soon as we got there and I foresaw that there might have been a few broken pieces of furniture lying behind her wake. For further prove of this, I will get the photos Baybe took of Syakirah terrorizing IKEA in his phone to upload later. Fortunately, I was gladly wrong and there were no (permanent) damages done. What? I swear those shoe prints on the wall will come right off after a few wipes!

And there it was, like a diamond in the rough...


There was just one thing. Even dismantled, the length of the package was 180cm long. *SIGH* Times like these I wished we drove an MPV and not a teeny, tiny Perodua MyVi. It just didn't make sense to pay an additional RM65 for delivery and 5% of item price for installation. The plan was to come back later that night with my dad's Toyota Unser. Genius!

This is me trying to find my toes while waiting for Baybe to bring the car over.

I look like I just ate the car. At least, the sepia tones make look bulky and artistic LOL

Oh, and missing my baby girl right now. Was having a bad day at work when Baybe sent this video to me via MMS. This video makes me smile ^____^



Author's Note: The quality of the images might be sub-par due to issues with my Adobe Photoshop portable. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.


2 comments:

LiXa the Mama Alya September 10, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

waaa..perut dah besar :)

Shareen Mohd Saleh September 10, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

Rupa macam dah nak meletup dah... Padahal 7 bulan pun belum lagi huwaaaaa

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP