Jimmy Choo is all Malaysian

>> Monday, August 3, 2009

World famous shoe designer Datuk Jimmy Choo has been named the personal advisor and ambassador to Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ng Yen Yen.

Source here

Go Datuk Jimmy Choo!


“I love my country. At the end of the day, I’m a Malaysian, and I want to tell people about Malaysia.”



Now isn't that a breath of fresh air as opposed to hearing about opposition political rallies that ruined a lot of people's shopping last weekend? Not that I completely forgo my shopping itinerary, rather, not that my mother completely for her shopping itinerary while I tagged along... we just moved our choice of destination to Nilai 3 instead.

But seriously folks, and I realize that when I created this blog I didn't want to make it a venue for me to post my political views since there are already so many "political-savvy" people out there *sarcastic tone*, just this once, I want to make an exception.

I realize that people will have different views about running this country. That it, until they start running it themselves and start making their own mistakes. Thus, when the sh*t has hit the fan, they will simply shrug and say, "Oh, but Kampung Buah Pala should fall under the federal government's responsibility and not the state government's responsibility..." [insert more whining and finger pointing here]

No matter who we went out and voted for in the last election, we all did it in the hopes of a better future for ourselves, our loved ones, and our fellow countrymen. How is this a better future when we can barely leave the house without being in constant fear of being harmed by those who think that what they are doing is "protecting" us? My personal experience of these kind of rallies a couple of years back did anything but made me feel safe in such a large and hostile crowd. I don't deny that part of those mob, are only there to address their own personal grieves against the current government, who have so wronged them that they and their loved on are being dragged out in the street in the middle of the night! Oh, that doesn't happen in our country? How about inequality and oppression in such a way that most Malaysians end up living in poverty on the streets? No? That barely happens??

Then... what on earth are we still fighting for if not for the personal gains of others who cheerfully pull the strings from the comfort of their air conditioned lairs?

It's so easy to get worked up over a few carefully written speeches, but never forget that your mistakes are your own... and so are the repercussions.

0 comments:

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP