Director Yasmin suffers a stroke, stable after brain surgery

>> Friday, July 24, 2009


Director Yasmin suffers a stroke, stable after brain surgery

Shared via AddThis


I managed to catch the news last night and heard about this. I was stunned and instantly felt really sad to hear that such a tragic thing could happen to such a good person.

I have always admired her work. I think I first noticed her after I watched the Petronas Hari Raya commercial, Forgiving, in which she won Malaysia Video Awards for Best Director (1999). I burst into tears the first time I saw it on TV. Even watching it now, I get teary-eyed and all choked up.

Yasmin Ahmad has a way of looking into the essence of the human spirit and making us see it through her eyes. In the harshness that is the world today, it is her vision of how the world could be that reminds us that there is still beauty left, lurking in the most uncommon of places, a person's heart.

It is a sad day and all my prayers and good thoughts go out to Yasmin and her family.

2 comments:

Barakzz Del' pobazz July 24, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

to tell u the truth mama... brape kali pun tgk ads nih sure mate berair..... sob sob...

Shareen Mohd Saleh July 27, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

nah tisu... ^_____^

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP