RIP Michael Jackson: King of Pop is Gone

>> Friday, June 26, 2009

I have to admit, I didn't really believe it when I heard the so-called news on the radio. "Bah! Probably another gimmick to promote his upcoming tour coming soon. He'll make a miraculous recovery and his tickets will be worth a gazillion dollars, " I thought to myself. I guess I was wrong.

Pop icon Michael Jackson died Thursday after being taken to a Los Angeles hospital in cardiac arrest, officials said. He was 50.

The "Thriller" superstar was unconscious and not breathing when Fire Department paramedics were summoned to Jackson's Bel Air home by a 911 call at 12:26 California time.

They desperately tried to resuscitate the faded King of Pop as a cherry-red ambulance sped him to UCLA Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.


Okay, the man has had his fair share of insanity. I even admit to calling him Wacko Jacko at times. Erm, I could go on and on about what I think he did wrong, but out of respect, I won't.

My mom was kind of a fan. That was how I was introduced to MJ. It was during his Beat It, Bad days. I even had the Moonwalker video, which I used to watch repeatedly with my sisters. Sing it!
Annie.. are you okay?
Are you okay?
Are you okay.. Annie?
Annie is the name of the little girl in the story that was kidnapped BTW. I can't remember why they took her. But then MJ ends up in the 1920's (I think, sorry if I got the era wrong. I suck at history and too lazy to find it on Wikipedia), singing this song, doing the moonwalk, and shooting baddies with Uzi machine guns. Ermm. I guess even back then we should have seen the signs what was coming, but I digress.

Oh, I can't not mention this. Somehow, he turns into a robot thing and after he defeats the baddies, zooms into outer space. Whew! Now, I got that out of my system, let's move on shall we?

Anyways, I will always remember him as that man who made me learn how to moonwalk, despite my obvious 2 left feet. He made music and dancing (and plastic surgery) the way it is today. I'm actually in tears right now, darn pregnancy hormones, so I won't be able to be as heartfelt as I want to be. The man was, and is a legend. Beating heart or no, he will moonwalk his way in our hearts forever.


Rest in Peace, you deserve it.

2 comments:

Sheri, RN June 26, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

It is very sad that he died, I liked him and I really don't think he did those things he was accused of. I just think those parents wanted money and it ruined him.

Shareen Mohd Saleh July 2, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think all those allegations were just the price he had to pay for being famous. In the end, the pressure was just too much. So sad...

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP