American Idol: The Year You Were Born Night

>> Thursday, April 9, 2009

And so this night shall also be called "The Night I Switched My Allegiance to Become a Glambert Fan". *SOB* I am still a Gokey girl at heart, just having an infidelity moment since last night's show. Moving on...



Danny Gokey (1980) - Mickey Gilley’s version of “Stand By Me”
I'll be honest. I was no "What Hurts The Most". I blame it on the arrangement. My Gokey can do waaay better than that. AI producers, hire better help, please. You're making my baby look bad out there!

Kris Allen (1985) - Don Henley’s “All She Wants To Do Is Dance”
Kris have slipped to obsecure-dom again. Still looks like he unhinges his jaw everytime he sings. Sorry.

Lil Rounds (1984) - Tina Turner’s “What’s Love Got To Do With It?”
Love the orginal song. Can never get out of my head once I hear it. Lil singing it? Nuh-uh. Me no like. Oh, and the hair! The hair! Sack the stylist ASAP. Now Lil's been having a few weeks worth of bad performances. I'm starting to doubt that she's the same person I rooted for during audition. And what's the attitude when the judges are giving their comments? She's so getting the boot if I had my way.


Anoop Desai (1986) - Cyndi Lauper’s “True Colors”
Safe song to sing. The 'Noop Dog did not bring his game on. I am dissapointed. His days are numbered, but not before Lil Rounds, of course.

Scott MacIntyre (1985) - Survivor’s “The Search is Over”
Is there any contestant that is more irrelevant to me than Scott? Let me check. No. I can't decide who I want to see leave first, Scott or Lil.


Allison Iraheta (1992) - Bonnie Raitt’s “I Can’t Make You Love Me”
The only non-80s baby. Allison is just... awesome. She is very talented and yet remain underrated in the competiton. Maybe it's the red hair? The fact that she's still not legal? Either way, I like this girl more and more as each week goes by.

Matt Giraud (1985) - Stevie Wonder’s “Part Time Lover”
I really enjoyed this performance! Matt got to show his funkier side and in spite of the hat, he is vocally way better than JT. One of my Top 3 performance of the night.


Adam Lambert (1982) - Tears For Fears’ “Mad World” (1982)
Oh. My. God. If you're not in tears after watching this then you must be a heartless b****! J/K!!! It was just so good. Dare I say it.. definitely in the same league as Fantasia Barrino's Summertime. Did Simon give Fantasia a standing ovation? Well, he gave it to Adam. Embrace the Glambert, yall!!!

Top 2:
Adam Lambert
Matt Giraud
(Danny Gokey - mwahahaha! I am so biased ^_^ )

Bottom 2:
Lil Rounds
Scott Macintyre

2 comments:

LiXa the Mama Alya April 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

I'll kick Scott Macintyre out if i have my way hahahah..

And Paula comments are so FAKE!!!
get real already

Shareen Mohd Saleh April 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Can't blame Paula. I doubt she's ever been on the show sober LOL

Scott should've been gone weeks ago!

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP