American Idol: Top Downloads Night

>> Thursday, April 2, 2009

First of all, go me! I finally managed to watch American Idol on the same night it was showing on Star World. It took a combination of skill, craftiness and intense plotting... in other words, we skipped training yesterday. Oh well. If Baha, the trainer, comes to me today with an evil glint in his eyes, at least I knew I died for a worthy cause.

And what a worthy cause it was! Top Downloads night? Did they mean legally downloaded tracks or...? *cough*cough* Anyways, as always, I already read the live blogging while at work so I already had a good idea what to expect.

First up was Anoop Dog. Now he's had a pretty decent couple of weeks. Since Simon's comment on his performance being a bit boring last week, this week he decided to go for something more erm, funky? Oh Anoop, sweetie. He sang Usher's Caugh Up, which was pretty okay as far as it goes, but not exactly a power house vocal number, y'know? Song choices, song choices. It's already the Top 9 after all.

Next up was Megan Joy. And although her quirks usually brings me joy (hah!), her performance last night was anything but joyous. And the pants? I just didn't like 'em. Singing Turn Your Lights Down Low, originally sung by the late Bob Marley and later by my favorite female vocalist of all time, Lauryn Hill, it just sounded pretty nasal to me. Sorry, Megs. I still adore you, though. We'll catch up at a 24-hour mamak stall somewhere once you get the boot, mmkay?

Oh! Oh! Oh!!!!! I can get an orgasm just listening to Danny Gokey singing this song. He sang What Hurt The Most by Rascal Flats and it was such an emotional performance, I ache all over again for the loss of his wife. Screw pity votes, his performance alone is enough to get this man to the finals. Oh, and did I ever mention how much I heart how he looks in clothes? Not that I mind him without... but what I really mean is I just like my men meaty. Mmmm. Look at that a**! Who cares if Simon calls his dancing clumsy and amateurish. Shake it, Gokey!

Allison Iraheta, one of my personal top 3, sang No Doubt's Don't Speak. In all fairness, she performed as well as she always does. Why did the judges, minus Paula, had to keep on commenting on her clothes? Haven't they ever heard of Harajuku before? Sheeesh! You're one to talk, Simon!

I honestly mean it when I say that I have nothing against Scott MacIntyre, but really, there are more talented contestants. I will admit though, that his rendition of Billy Joel's Just The Way You Are is not bad. But like I said (I feel like a broken record, please put me out of my misery in doing this every week, America), if it wasn't because of the "challenges he has overcome", I doubt he would get this far.

Matt Giraud. Matty, Matty.. I like this guy. He's quite the underdog but lately I've been paying attention to him in a big way. I mean, You Found Me by The Fray is a cool song. I suppose Matt might even have a mancrush on Coldplay's Chris Martin, evident in the way he dresses, but this genre is just not for him.

Singing I Surrender by Celine Dion, is Lil Rounds. Not feelin' the hair. I don't agree with the song choice. What is up with these people? You'd think that they would have learnt their lesson on this by now. *SIGH*

My heart skips a beat when Ryan announced that Adam Lambert was next. I have developed a crush on him since his non-screeching performance last week. Just to prove a point, he slicked his hair back again for this week's performance. Mmmm. Yeay for LamKey lovin'! Singing Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry, that white boy was awesome-ly funky! Oh, dear. There goes my sanity LOL

The Top spot of the night goes to Kris Allen with Ain’t No Sunshine by Bill Withers. It was a good performance. Methinks he really needs a shave. I am still not moved by his boyish looks.

Top 2:

  • Danny Gokey
  • Adam Lambert
Bottom 2:
  • Megan 'No more' Joy
  • Anoop Dog *SOB*

0 comments:

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP