American Idol: Songs From the Cinema Night & RESULT

>> Friday, April 17, 2009

Since I missed posting about AI yesterday, and since most people already know by now, I might as well post both the review and result together. Erm, it helps to conserve the environment and all that LOL


Quentin Tarantino is the guest mentor this week? Hmmm. I imagined the worst thing that could possibly happen and all I could see was Danny Gokey in a yellow jumpsuit and Anoop Desai performing with a samurai sword. *SHUDDER* Thank god there was none of that nonsense. To be fair, Tarantino has been a guest judge before and he was not that bad. Kinda.

ALISON IRAHETA - AEROSMITH’S “I DON’T WANNA MISS A THING” (ARMAGEDDON)
David Cook sang this song last year and he won the American Idol. Proof of good things to come for 16-year old Alison? Simon even said that she was the girls' last chance at the finals. I loved the performance BTW. I think she could have gone all out and did way better, but it was not a bad performance at all.

ANOOP DESAI - BRYAN ADAMS’ “EVERYTHING I DO (I DO IT FOR YOU)” (ROBIN HOOD)
Safe. Kind of nice actually but I don't think America will like it as much. See you in the bottom 3!

ADAM LAMBERT - STEPPENWOLF’S “BORN TO BE WILD” (EASY RIDER)
Oh dear. He's back to his screeching ways again. And just as I was about to like him too. It was a good performance, and his vocals is non-arguably top notch as always. Some might like it crazy but I prefer a more sedate Glambert, thank you very much.

MATT GIRAUD - BRYAN ADAMS’ “HAVE YOU EVER REALLY LOVED A WOMAN” (DON JUAN DE MARCO)
This started out quite nice. Then it all went downhill. What did QT say to Matt??

DANNY GOKEY - LIONEL RICHIE & DIANA ROSS’ “ENDLESS LOVE” (ENDLESS LOVE)
QT is a fan of Danny Gokey, yeay! The man has impeccable taste. He had said that he wanted to see the emotions coming from Danny's eyes when he's singing the song. Ah, that must be why Danny was not wearing any glasses. I can never say anything about The Gokey unless it's to sing his praise so I'll just stick to how vulnerable he looked on stage and how much I heart him. Go go Gokey!

KRIS ALLEN - GLEN HANARD & MARKETA IRGLOVA’S “FALLING SLOWLY” (ONCE)
Huh? I'll be honest and say that it was pretty decent and heartfelt. I guess out of the thousands of songs that he could choose from, he stuck to his guts and chose an obsecure number from some movie I've never even heard of. Kudos for that. I still fell asleep by the time he got to the chorus though.

LIL ROUNDS - BETTE MIDLER’S “THE ROSE” (THE ROSE)
Can this woman do any worse? I guess not. I did not like anything about the performance. Half the time I was trying to block her out. And the talking back?? No, Paula, it is not OK for he to do that, especially when she was the one who was in the wrong. Listen to Simon! He may be a pain in the a** but he knows his sh**.

Top 2: Alison, Danny
Bottom 2: Lil, Matt


:
:
:
:
:


RESULT


Anoop, Lil and Matt are in the bottom 3. Honestly, I think that Anoop already know his days are numbered. He's just trying to make sure he does not suck too much before he gets the boot.

Anoop is safe.

Lil is safe. What??!!!

Matt got the lowest number of votes. It's a cosnpiracy I tell you!

Matt sings for his life. The judges used the Judges' Save on him. Yeay! Next week 2 contestants will be sent home. Bummer.


1 comments:

LiXa the Mama Alya April 17, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

arghhhhhh....
Lil Round is the one that shud be eliminated. I hate that woman!!!!!

Yeah..major bummer..next week I bet will be her's and Anoop's turn.

I'm sick of watching lame performances from them..

To Lil -- ko ingat ko black suara ko sedaplah???

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP