My American Idol favourites: Top 36 Part I

>> Thursday, February 19, 2009

Well, it's that time again. American Idol fever. I persevered through the audition weeks and now, this is where is gets good. Well, not really. But it's getting there.

This year, they're going for top 36. Whoah! That's a lot of filtering before getting to the top 10, or 12, whatever. Despite my, understandably, dark mood yesterday evening, I still tuned in to watch AI. Besides, I knew Danny Gokey was going to sing in the episode and I didn't want to miss it. BTW, I cheated a bit coz I already read a few live blogging sites and pretty much knew what to expect, but hey!

When I found out he was going to sing Hero by Mariah Carey, I admit I was a bit skeptical. And the whole positive, inspiring people thing? That will get old with me pretty fast, realist that I am. As long as he keeps his mouth shut, except when he's singing of course, he has my vote!

But, damn, can that man sing!



Another guy I'm rooting for is Anoop Desai, or as he is affectionately referred to as nowadays, Anoop Dog! Erm, not terribly clever, I know. Hey, I didn't come up with it, I swear!


Love the shorts and sandals, dude. I mean, man-dals.

And who knows? Maybe Hollywood is really on a Bollywood vibe, and he might even win AI this year!

1 comments:

LiXa the Mama Alya February 23, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

i love danny as well..
he's my next American Idol!!!

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP