Pikom PC Fair (12 - 14 December 2008)

>> Monday, December 15, 2008


Went to PC Fair on Saturday and Sunday. First, to help my dad buy a laptop for my brother and yesterday to buy Microsoft Office Home and Student (ori lorrrr! no pirated softwares at PC Fair). I am so proud of myself. This is the first time I have purchased original Operating System and Office product, but not the first time buying original software. That honor goes to my beloved Sims2.

I recommended my dad an Acer laptop, I'm not sure of the model. But I know that most IT people know which one I'm talking about.


Retail Price: RM1899
Original OS: Linux (upgraded to Vista Home Basic oem)
Hardware specifications:
  • AMD Turion 2.1 GHz
  • Hard disc space 160GB
  • RAM 1Gb (upgraded to 3Gb)
  • Graphic Card NVidia GeForce 9100 256MB
  • etc
After setting up the computer for my little brother that night (I disabled all gaming options for him mwahahahaha!), my dad thought better get some MS Office installed as well, but cannot use pirated one-mah, cause original OS. So I advised my dad to get Office Home and Student 2007 which they were selling dirt cheap for a mere RM209 (I get better price, RM199, of course!) at PC Fair. My dad OK-ed it, so I went back there on Sunday to buy it.


Wah-lau! All parking full! People were crowding like there's no tomorrow. Some are trying to get better bargains, which is understandable if they're no PC novice, but some are there with the whole family as if makan angin. WTF? In that crowd? Erm, maybe Malaysians need to get a better national past time or something.

Hmmm. I want a new hard disc - huwaaa!! Nowadays, they're even selling ones that are 1Tb (tera byte) as in 10 *100Gb. Erm, maybe I don't need that much space. I could have 10 partitions with 100Gb for each on that HDD but why..? 1,000,000,000,000 bytes? I wouldn't even know what to install/store on it.

Oh, yes. Saw Mama Girl-girl. She was buying a laptop as well. For me, I think I'll stick to clone PCs. Much easier to troubleshoot when it crashes. Let's face it, with me as the user of the computer, how can it not crash?

p.s. major announcement soon, maybe. Nothing is official so... we'll see.

2 comments:

Sheri, RN December 17, 2008 at 7:53 AM  

I love The Sims 2 (and the original) too! I also always buy them for real. :) I need a new laptop and a few upgrades on my PC or a new one soon. But, need the money first.

Shareen Mohd Saleh December 17, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

I'm thinking of upgrading my computer too. The things Sims addicts do to play the game LOL

The temptation to be pirated stuff is really strong here. It's like RM10 for 5 expansion packs! But erm, now that I'm no longer a student, I stick to the originals ^_^

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP