The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

>> Wednesday, June 4, 2008



I have finally seen this movie, but hey, give me a break, this is the first movie I've actually gone and seen in the cinemas since I was 5 months pregnant and my little girl is 1 years old now! Erm, the last movie I saw back then was 300 btw. I think both me and my little girl enjoyed it, she kicked me around in my stomach enough to confirm it. Ouch!

I like the first one better. For one, it remained mostly true to the book and I've seen the animated version of it like a dozen times as a child so watching it in with real life people was like getting a free wish from a genie. Come to think of it, that was probably a bad analogy. If I HAD one wish from a mystical genie, why would I want to waste it with something trivial as getting a book to be animated? Although.. watching someone try to make The Silmarillion into a watcahable movie within, erm 4 hours, might be amusing LOL


As a CGI and an action movie, Prince Caspian fares pretty well, but as a fantasy movie adapted from an epic, it did pretty poorly. Like I discussed with my husband ~ or rather I discussed it with my self and he listened ^_^ ~ it could've played up on the emotion aspect a bit. LOTR was adapted from a book too and there was ample time to explore the main character's emotional bit so there really is no reason for Andrew Adamson to say there isn't. He did well with The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe so I guess the pressure's on this time from the head honchos of Disney or Walden Media or something.

Anyways, it was just a fair watch but ahhh... British school boys are just so easy on the eyes aren't they? Even when they're barely legal themselves

0 comments:

Header image credit: adapted from sxc.hu by Celefinwe © Celefinwe 2009

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP